1. Jeremih – “Birthday Sex” – I have nothing to say except that this song is unbelievably bad. If his love-making abilities are on the same level as his song-writing skills…
2. David Guetta feat. Akon – “Sexy Bitch” – From the title to the featuring of Akon to the lyric about the neighbourhood whore, this song is full of fail and I wish I was blessed enough to have never heard it.
3. Flo Rida – “Right Round” – Why someone decided to cover a classic song by Dead or Alive just to turn it into a song about oral sex is beyond me, but Flo Rida did it. This song is evidence that creativity is lacking in mainstream music since it was just one of (too) many songs that sampled other better original tracks.
4. Black Eyed Peas – “Boom Boom Pow” – 2009 was the year that BEP decided to launch an onslaught of aural attacks on all of us. Sure, I’ll admit that the songs are annoyingly catchy and good for dancing at the clubs, but that does not mean the songs are good. In fact, the songs are dreadful – terrible lyrics, repetitive choruses, and Auto-Tune. Need I say more?
5. N-Dubz – “I Need You” – What do you expect from someone named “Dappy” and his crew? Well, I’ll tell you what you get: the lyric, “I’ve been searching all over Facebook” and a song so bad, I’m glad it hasn’t become as ubiquitous as the other songs on this list.